Zion National Park Lodge Health & Safety Program
As a company that has operated for over 150 years in some of the most Beautiful Places on Earth®, we take pride in every aspect of our operations to deliver an unforgettable experience to our guests. From our front-of-house staff to our housekeepers to our kitchens, our focus on the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been fundamental to our operations as is our dedication to providing guests with flexibility to modify, customize, or cancel reservations. It is simply Second Nature to how we operate.
As we navigate these new and interesting times, we are evaluating every aspect of our operations and taking steps to strengthen employee and guest safety. This page on our website will be a resource to understand all of the practices we have in place regarding the health and safety of our employees and guests. We look forward to welcoming you to the magical place that we are fortunate enough to call home.
What to Expect When You Arrive
Due to ongoing safety measures, guests arriving to stay with us should expect to experience the following:
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the indoor public areas of our facilities and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible.
- Castle Dome Café and Red Rock Grill will have modified food menus with limited seating due to social distancing requirements.
- Our gift shop will be open, but operating under social distancing measures and in accordance with the health and safety standards listed below.
- Bicycle rentals will be available.
- Leisure Tram tours are available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 5:30pm.
- Lower staff numbers than normal. Please be patient with our employees as they navigate shortened shifts and lower numbers.
- The new gate code protocols have been put in place for guests of Zion National Park Lodge. Lodge guests will receive an email with the most up-to-date code.
- Varying traffic patterns put in place by the National Park Service. For road conditions and closures, as well as other park-related news, please consult the NPS website here.
- Additionally, certain items (decorative pillows and blankets, and all paper products) have been removed from our guests rooms.
Working with Experts
We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and encourage you to refer to this respected resource as you make your own near-term travel plans. Our company is in frequent contact with local authorities and partners such as County Health Departments and the National Park Service to continually monitor the situation on a regional level. Together with our internal Health & Safety Team, Xanterra is also consulting with health experts to develop new operational protocols in keeping with governmental guidelines. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, CDC guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes as necessary and appropriate to our operations.
What are We Doing to Keep Employees and Guests Safe?
At Zion National Park Lodge, the safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. Our operations include lodging, food and beverage, tours, recreation, retail, and management of many public spaces. We are addressing each area of our business with a Health & Safety Team from the Xanterra Corporate Office, working in concert with our management teams in the field at each of our locations. The cross-functional team has developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests and employees across all Xanterra brands.
These ongoing efforts include:
- Mandatory Mask Policy: Wearing a face mask is required in all buildings in the national park, regardless of vaccination status.
- Increased lobby bathroom deep cleaning and disinfecting frequency to hourly. Disinfecting all door handles, surfaces and equipment every hour in all guest areas.
- A social distancing structure is in place to ensure guests are six feet apart and in groups of less than 10 in guest registration area, gift shop and food to-go areas (line queuing floor decals and greeters have been utilized to ensure social distancing).
- Communication with guests and employees of the new room cleaning standards, including but not limited to no cleaning of stay-overs or entering guest rooms by staff until check-out.
- Laundry and housekeeping staff have been trained on procedures for handling linens based on guidance from Association for Linen Management (ALM).
- All employees are required to wear washable face coverings while working and while on property in communal areas. N95 masks/particulate respirators are worn by employees performing high-risk responsibilities.
- Employees use gloves when handling cleaning chemicals, preparing food, disposing of trash, cleaning bathrooms, if exposed to bloodborne pathogens, handling luggage, and when processing packages and mail.
- Installation of register shields in point of sale (POS) areas, to include front desk, gift shop, and areas serving food and beverages.
- No-touch solutions for guest transactions (e.g., no signature required for credit card transactions). When a stylus is required for screen signatures, register employee will clean/disinfect between uses.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed at lobby, gift shop, hotel and restaurant entrances and point of sale areas.
- Gatherings in public spaces are limited to 25% of normal capacity. Numbers are limited in elevators.
- Receiving employees will disinfect all deliveries upon arrival and quarantine items for 24 hours.
- Distribute Care Guide with local health care facility, meal service, and trash and linen pick up information for guests being isolated/quarantined.
COVID-19 Response Plan
In the event of a COVID-19 case on our property, we have prepared a Care Guide that includes a local health care facility, meal service, and trash and linen pick up information for guests being isolated/quarantined. Xanterra takes great pride in our company safety and health record. Still, in these times we may find that we have to respond to a case of COVID-19 in our community. Every location within the company initiated an Incident Response Team very early in the COVID-19 event. These teams have worked tirelessly to keep our communities safe and return to business in a responsible manner. These teams all have detailed response plans in place should we have to react to an exposure event. These plans include employee and guest communication, super sanitation by industrial hygiene-certified cleaning companies and consultation with experts to create a safe environment.
Book and Travel with Confidence
In these uncertain times, it’s hard to know when will be the right time to travel again. You can plan and book with confidence knowing that you can cancel your reservation right up to 48 hours in advance of arrival and receive a full refund. More good news: when making a reservation, we only require a deposit for the first night of your stay.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call (7a-7p MT) at 1-888-29-PARKS (888-297-2757). We look forward to showing you A World of Unforgettable Experiences during your stay.
Note: These standards and protocols may evolve with time and are subject to change.
A Message from Our Parent Company, Xanterra Travel Collection
We appreciate your desire to travel with the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection and our policies are designed to give you confidence in booking trips with our brands. If you would like to learn the health and safety standards the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection share, click here or on the button below.