Cultural exchange for work and travel

Thank you for your interest in working in Zion National Park. Zion National Park Lodge employs international students each season. However, we do not sponsor the students.

In order to work for our National Park Lodges, it is necessary for international applicants to be students and to have either a J-1 Exchange Visitors’ Visa or an F-1 Visa. (The J-1 allows for cultural exchange for work and travel, the F-1 allows for practical training.)

Each agency listed below can assist students and each operates differently. You may need to apply to the agency for placement. Program costs differ with each agency.

It is the policy of our lodges to retain a copy of your I-94, IAP-66, and un-expired passport. You must have valid J1 status and a IAP-66 form authorizing you to work in the United States, along with an American Social Security Card/proof of application for a card when you report for work.

With these government regulations, we are unable to employ most F-1 students. Requirements state, “Employers must attest that they have recruited for the position for 60 days, and that a sufficient number of US workers were not able, qualified and available.” We receive numerous applications from US workers for each summer season and we cannot meet the aforementioned requirement.

We have been asked to pass on some basic guidelines to international students that inquire about employment. Government regulations require that Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE) and Work Experience USA are subject to the following government regulations:

  • Must be 18 – 28 years of age.
  • Must be a full time student at the time of application.
  • Must have a maximum of four month work period during summer vacations.

In addition, interviews are held by these programs from January to March. Inquiries after that date are generally not accepted. The programs listed above are the only agencies for referrals for J-1 status students we are working with at this time.

Remember, you must indicate on your letter of application that you are being referred by one of the agencies listed above. Please contact our office if you have any questions.